1 By David: Vindicate me, ADONAI, for I have lived a blameless life; unwaveringly I trust in ADONAI.
- Clear my blameless and unwavering life, because I trust You, ADONAI.
2 Examine me, ADONAI, test me, search my mind and heart.
- See for Yourself, ADONAI, put me to the test, investigate my mind and heart.
3 For your grace is there before my eyes, and I live my life by your truth.
- Right in front of me, is Your grace, Your truth do I live by.
4 I have not sat with worthless folks, I won’t consort with hypocrites,
5 I hate the company of evildoers, I will not sit with the wicked.
- I don’t hang out with blatant sinners. I hate keeping company with them.
6 I will wash my hands in innocence and walk around your altar, ADONAI,
7 lifting my voice in thanks and proclaiming all your wonders.
- Wash my hands, I will, in purity; standing before Your altar, ADONAI, lifting praises, thanking and declaring all Your miracles.
8 ADONAI, I love the house where you live, the place where your glory abides.
- I love Heaven; the place where your glory abides.
9 Don’t include me with sinners or my life with the bloodthirsty.
- Exclude me from the sinners or my life from the cruel violence.
10 In their hands are evil schemes; their right hands are full of bribes.
- Their hands are filled with wicked plots, and full of illegal rewards.
11 As for me, I will live a blameless life. Redeem me and show me favor.
- As for me, I will live innocently. Set me free & approve of me.
12 My feet are planted on level ground; in the assemblies I will bless ADONAI.
- My feet are firmly set on a flat foundation and in the presence of Your people; I will bless ADONAI.
In today’s society, this is simply a dream. We can strive for this and be obedient to Yahweh allowing Him to work in our lives. Yet, all the clamoring of the people around us speak otherwise. Sinners are in abundance. Even me. We are influenced by media of all sorts, the people around us and even so-called christians.
Romans 12:2 tells us: Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.
I strive to be an example for Yahweh. If people are repulsed by it, that’s their problem and I can pray for them. People may ignore my efforts, however, Yahweh is in control. His truth will prevail in the end.
Prayer: Dear Father in Heaven, I lift up we sinners and pray for our pardons from sin and that we will fall on our faces before You seeking Your truth in our lives instead of living a lie. I thank You for the redeeming gift of Yeshua, the Messiah, to vindicate us, clearing our names from hell and allowing us to spend Eternity with YOU. In the name of the Messiah, Yeshua, AMEN.